The StoryEA created the first super micro head, with the release of the iAMP300 Micro, in 2006. This original lightweight, weighed 2 pounds, put out 300 watts, delivered a neutral yet full and balanced sound, and was about the size of a paperback book. While micro heads were getting lighter and more powerful, EA threw the guantlet to the bass world.
Fast forward to 2009. The new Micro is about the same size and same weight as the original, but the power is nearly doubled. At about half the weight and considerably smaller than any other digitalhead, the new Micro retains its acclaimed high-end accuracy, but with the headroom that can carry most gigs.
Size, weight and power aren't the only headlines here. The Micro is a full 2 channel head with EA's Intelligent Switching preamp. You can run two separate basses with full tonal adjustments, or get two separate and switchable settings for a single bass - great for getting a 'solo' sound on the fly.
- Inputs: Configuration: 2 independent channels- Channel 1 Mid EQ set at 500Hz for electric bass, Channel 2 Mid EQ set at 800Hz for upright/acoustic bass
- Input Impedance: 1Meg ohm input impedance on both inputs
- Trim controls: Independent channel level adjustments, DI output level, and high pass filter
- Intelligent Input Switching: Select different settings for 1 bass or have independent setups for 2 basses, Channel 1 or Channel 2, or Channel 1+2
- Controls: Channel switch, Input gain, 3-Band EQ, Master Volume, Mute switch, Effects loop blend
- EQ: Low, Mid, and High for each channel, Variable high pass filter 22-80 Hz, 6db per octave (allows selection of a frequency below which response is reduced, helps boomy rooms and stages-Channel 2 only)
- Effects Loop: Parallel effects loop with blend control, wide range of setups via internal jumpers
- Outputs: Speakon speaker, tuner, effects send, balanced DI out (1/4" stereo wired as TRS)
- Protection: Internal cooling fan, thermal and overload
- Line Voltage: 100/120 - 240 volts internally selected via jumper
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 3dB
- Power Output: 550 watts @ 4 ohms 310 watts @ 8 ohms
- Size: 2.1"H x 8.5"W x 5.4"D
- Weight: 2.3 lbs.